Thursday, April 22, 2010

Love That Dog

I really really enjoyed this book I thought it was an awesome read. I love the fact that Jack resists poetry so much at the beginning and then eventually grows to really like it. I just think the book is really cool because it is not all poems but she writes in in poetry form and it helps tell the story. I think that Sharon Creech does an incredible job portraying Jack as a person and not just a character in a book. I think her depiction of his really brings him to life and also makes him easy to relate to for young boys who are not necessarily into poetry. It made me think of my first few experiences with poetry and how much I hated it, but then when I took a creative writing class and was basically forced to write poetry I began to really enjoy it. I think this book shows a good lesson where if you do not like something or do not think you are good at it right away, if you just continue to work at it you can be successful with it and that it might even become a passion of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment